Friday, December 18, 2015

What I talk when I talk about running

"What I talk when I talk about running" is a memoir by Haruki Murakami. I found this small treasure in town library and he had me in first few pages. That was in Summer. Come winter and I reread it once more. I am sure, I am going to read it again, at least a few times more.

When I read this book, I read it in slowly, the way I savor ice cream, particularly the Häagen-Dazs - Dulce de leche. One hardly eats ice cream to satiate hunger, but to satiate our taste buds. This memoir has the same ice creamy texture, which makes time spent running worth while. I am sure every runner gets the feeling, but its hard to put it into thought and write about it. One needs a prolific writer like Murakami to do it.

I loved the way Murakami has added running to his life and told us how it helps to do what he is set to do, i.e. make his readers happy. He wants to grow old with running. And I would think most of us would want to do the same. What a writer. Awesome.

2 comments:

Ashish said...

this is book really nice , awesome

Priyaranjan Anand Marathe said...

Yep. I am going to buy a hard copy soon.